A guy at school decided that having a Suit Day last Thursday was a good idea.
The idea behind it is that people get certain numbers of points for various formal items of clothing or accessories, like a blazer or a monocle. Then the person with the highest number of points gets a free pizza.
I don’t own much formal clothing, so I had to get creative.. I attempted to recreate various things, but the crowning glory was…
Yes, you read that correctly. The item worth most for a girl was a “curly mustache,” so naturally I decided to make one. And it turned out pretty awesomely, if I do say so myself.
Steps to creating a fake mustache:
- Obtain yarn in the color you desire. (I chose yellow, mostly because the only other color I had was a pastel purple.)
- Wind yarn around your fingers, or loop to desired width.
- Tie a short piece of yarn around the middle of your yarn loops.
- Using scissors, teeth, or a well-sharpened battleax, cut each loops of yarn on each side.
- Unravel each strand of yarn.
- Take a gluestick and rub it over the mustache. Once the yarn is well coated, twist your mustache into the desired shape. (You could also leave it alone if you want.)
- Devise some clever way to attach the mustache to your face. I attached an elastic hair tie to the mustache and attached an elastic headband to the hair tie. You could attach a headband to another piece of yarn, or could attach a long piece of yarn and tie it behind your head, or superglue the mustache to your upper lip… the possibilities are endless, and some more dangerous than others.
- Show off your mustache, preferably twirling and/or wiggling it a lot.
If all goes well, you should end up with something like this:
(For the record, that is not me. However, that is my mustache.)
And that, dear readers, is what I do with my free time. I hope this gives you hope for the future. 😀